The target audience for the conference includes, but is not limited to, physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, social workers, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other professionals who work with and support older adults in acute, community or long term care, in urban, rural and remote locations.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify and discuss the types of tools available for cognitive assessment and how to use them.
- Discuss the importance of social connectivity and physical activity in aging well.
- Explain narrative-based care as a strategy to ensure patients are at the centre of their own care while identifying achievable, patient-led goals.
- Explain the importance of the connected care strategy for older adults.
- Discuss the importance of healthcare provider wellness in providing high-quality patient care, and identify strategies to facilitate ongoing wellness for healthcare professionals.